There’s nothing like a fresh lashes to get you through the day. But if you’re looking for something beyond mascara, there’s a new technique that can give your eyelashes more volume and length than they’ve ever had before: the lash lift.
What Is a Lash Lift?
A lash lift is an innovative procedure that uses a specially formulated treatment to temporarily curl your natural lashes upward so they appear fuller and longer than ever before. It lasts for up to 6-8 weeks and is a great alternative to lash extensions which can take several hours or even days to apply. The process is quick, easy and suitable for all eye shapes and sizes - be prepared to fall in love with your new lashes!
How Does a Lash Lift Work?
As a Lash technician, I am constantly looking for helpful lash lift tips so here are some that I would like to share with you.
- Preparing your station: We recommend that you keep our treatment solutions at an ideal temperature at all times. This will ensure that each treatment that you perform using our products will work at their optimal levels.
- Clean lashes: Cleaning the lashes plays a key role in achieving perfect and consistent results. Any form of residue on the lashes will create a barrier between the natural lash and the solution and can unfortunately result in an underwhelming and inconsistent result. So, let’s make sure that your clients' lashes are squeaky clean!
- Rod & shield placement: Depending on what type of result your client is looking for you need to learn how to execute this step. Make sure you are choosing the correct shield size that best suits your clients desired shape. We do not recommend using the adhesive to apply the lash shield to the base of your client's eye. Is the placement of the rod or shield that you're using flush to your clients lash line?
- Lash separation: When separating your clients lashes you want to make sure that they are looking straight where you can see each strand of hair in order to identify each stage of growth. This will allow the lotion to properly achieve the perfect lift. If your client has baby hairs that have not reached the adult stage, DO NOT force them on the lash shield. Leave them alone so that they can grow and mature.
- Lotion placement: The consistency of the lotion is key, so don’t be shy! You want to have even coverage. When using our ammonia free Lash Lift & Brow Lamination Kit you do not want to apply the lotion to the very tips of the lashes. The tips will get enough of the products during the removal process. Make sure you check one of the lash hairs during every service, to know the exact time the lotions should be removed. Only by checking the lashes can you be sure that they won't be over or under curled (see in the attached video below how to properly check them for readiness to remove material after the first step)
- Tint: Eyelash tinting is an optional step that needs to be discussed with your client in advance. This step is done after step 2 Volumising Fix and before step 3 Care Plus application. Do not use any henna-based dyes during or within the first 24 hours after the molecular reconstruction treatment.
Are Elevy Lash Lifts Safe for Everyone?
Our lash lift procedure is safe for everyone, even pregnant women! But there are some rare cases where it is not recommended. Do not perform this treatment if your client has an eye infection such as conjunctivitis (pink eye) or blepharitis (eyelid inflammation).
Lashes are an important part of how we feel about ourselves, so you want to be sure you’ve made the right decision about your lash health and appearance.
When choosing a lash lift treatment, you want to make sure that it is completely safe for your clients eyes. Many people don’t realize that they have allergies or sensitivities until they experience them firsthand. That is why I highly recommend Elevy’s Lash Lift & Brow Lamination Kit, it is not only safe to use on anyone but it's also ammonia free so you won't have to worry about any harsh chemicals.
I hope you have enjoyed reading this article as much as I loved writing it. Make sure to head over to Elevy’s socials for daily updates and helpful tips.
Elevy Lash Specialist